Thursday, July 25, 2013

Creating a Nerd Room

I'm glad that this is my first entry now that I'm back from my hiatus. In a couple week's time, my boyfriend and I will officially cohabitate together. This brings all sorts of challenges in the form of being able to share an entire house with one another. Thankfully, we have a lot of the same hobbies and since his rather massive DVD collection takes up the entire living room, he doesn't mind my need for my own "nerd space."

Alpha male guys have man-caves. Mom types who knit and make curtains have sewing rooms. A female who loves to read, blog, and occasionally sew has a nerd room. Don't call it an office. That sounds so clinical and impersonal. It also doesn't sound very interesting. When I think of an office, I think of work. I think of being forced to sit at a desk for 8 hours a day doing something you hate so you can earn a living. A nerd room exudes fun, character, and most importantly, nerdiness.

In the coming weeks, I'll gladly post my progress of how my nerd room is coming. Lots have to happen in terms of moving all my stuff in. Since there's only two bedrooms in the house, my nerd room will double as the guest room. I suppose we'll have to keep guests to a minimum :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Remember, keep it nerdy!