Sunday, February 1, 2015

Wedding Planning Madness!!!

On Christmas Eve, my boyfriend and I got engaged. Within hours of making it "Facebook official" we were inundated with messages, texts, and calls from family and friends asking if we had set a date. Honestly, we hadn't even thought that far. I wasn't expecting to become engaged until some time later in 2015 and he thought we would have a longer than normal engagement. Well, next thing we knew, we were settling on getting married this year and decided on October 10, 2015 as the actual wedding date. That's when the craziness started.



Now, according to every wedding website, book, etc. we are already behind on wedding planning. We have less than nine months to make our dream day a reality (side note: notice I said OUR and not MY.) My parents had originally set a budget of $5,000 but that has since gone up to $6,000 and will likely increase even more before all of this is over. My fiance and I are chipping in what we can. I'm paying for my veil, shoes, and jewelry for the big day. Together, we are covering the alcohol for the reception and the decorations for the church and reception venue. His parents are paying for the rehearsal dinner. We are trying to cut costs where we can, but money is still the biggest roadblock.



Throughout all this, I've become intimately acquainted with Pinterest DIY tutorials. I've also learned that one of my bridesmaids is apparently Martha Stewart's spirit animal. She's the one taking over the majority of decorating duties and has been amazing in helping me plan for this. Most of all, I've discovered that everything I THOUGHT I knew about wedding planning was apparently wrong. Our wedding planner has given us a hell of a crash course in the art of planning a wedding day. The whole thing is a bit overwhelming and dizzying when you think about what all goes into a big wedding.


Despite all this, all my Ginger and I care about is being together. The only face I'll see when I walk down that aisle is his and hopefully he'll only have eyes for me. Everything else is extra in my opinion. When I put it like that, I wonder if it's too late to elope... :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I completely agree that wedding planning is quite an exciting thing but at the same time it is quite stressful as you have to make sure that everything is going perfectly. I am not a good planner so for my wedding that just held at the local NYC wedding venues, had hired a popular planner for arrangements.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Remember, keep it nerdy!