Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Boyz II Men's "I'll Make Love to You" is the Best Love Song Ever Written



It was 1994. I was 13 years old in the midst of transitioning from a private Christian school to public school. I had long been sneaking secular music behind my mother's back but it was that year I truly discovered the soulful greatness that was Boyz II Men. I remember their early New Jack Swing days and while I thought they were good, I never paid them much attention until their second album II came out with the aforementioned song.

This song makes me reminisce on school dances in 8th grade, when every girl swooned if a boy asked her to dance to this song. Who can forget the music video with Boyz II Men in their matching outfits or Wanya's passionate performance begging the woman of his dreams to come back to him? This song was a panty dropper from start to finish. Thank you Boyz II Men. Some day my future husband and I will be making a baby to this song. Now, allow the nostalgia to wash over you with the music video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Remember, keep it nerdy!